Video Game Amazing Race 2Edit
The Video Game Amazing Race is the second series of the race. For the first time, teams from franchises other than Nintendo were involved. Teams were selected around September 2008. Filming took place between September and November 2008. The airdate of the first episode of the second series was in November 2008.
The following teams participated in the Race, with their relationships at the time of filming. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Team||Relationship||Position (by leg)|
|1 <>||2||3||4||5 f||6 2||7||8||9||10|
|Conker and Berri||Dating||8th||7th||8th||3rd >||2nd||4th||1stf||2nd||3rd||1st|
|Nana and Popo||Married||3rd||4th||4th >||4th||3rd||2nd||5th||1stf||2nd||2nd|
|Axel and Roxas||Best Friends||4th||3rd||3rd||5th||1st||3rdf||4th >||3rd||1st||3rd|
|Fox and Falco||Fighter Pilots||7th||9th||6th||6th||5th||1st||2nd||4th >||4th|
|Knuckles and Rouge||Friends/Treasure Hunters||9th||1stf||5th||7th <||6th <||5th >||3rd < 1||5th <|
|Yoshi and Birdo||Friends||6th||5th||7th||2nd||4th||6th <|
|Marth and Roy||Best Friends||2nd||8th||2nd||1stf||7th >|
|Donkey and Diddy||Brothers||10th||6th||1stf ,||8th|
|Romani and Cremia||Sisters||1stf||2nd >||9th <|
|Jessie and James||Friends/Colleagues||5th||10th <|
|Mable and Sable||Sisters/Seamstresses||11th|
Note 1: Knucles and Rouge were U-Turned by Axel and Roxas, but since Knuckles and Rouge were ahead of them, the U-Turn had no effect.
Note 2: Leg six contained an Intersection. Fox and Falco teamed with Axel and Roxas, Yoshi and Birdo teamed with Conker and Berri and Knuckles and Rouge teamed with Nana and Popo.
- Red means the team was eliminated.
- An underlined Blue team placement means the team was the last to arrive at a pit stop in a non-elimination leg of the race. This means that the team was not eliminated. The team was forced to complete a Speed Bump task in the next leg of the race as a penalty for coming last. The team would have to complete the Speed Bump task even if they chose to take the Fast Forward.
- A Green ƒ means the team won the Fast Forward clue. A leg number with an ƒ means there was an unused fast forward on that leg.
- A yellow > means that team chose to use a Yield or U-Turn; < indicates the team who received it; <> indicates a leg where a Yield or U-Turn was available but not used.
Episode title quotesEdit
Titles for episodes are often taken from quotes made by the racers. The quotes are sometimes slightly changed for humorous effect.
- The World Is Waiting - Phil Keoghan
- It's Going to Come Down to Us and Them! - Fox
- They Might Find a Nasty Suprise - Popo
- What's With Those Guys Anyway? - Roy
- Who Knows What Can Happen? - Fox
- We Don't Want To Take Any Chances - Roxas
- We Don't Want To Be Here Anymore - Nana
- How Far Away Can This Thing Be? - Berri
- It's Getting A Bit Demoralizing - Falco
- You Have Won One Million Coins! - Phil Keoghan
- This is the first series to include characters and locations outside of the Nintendo franchise.
- This series marked the first time in VGAR history that a team departed a Pit Stop before the others arrived.
Leg 1 - An all expenses paid trip for two to City Seventeen, staying three nights in White Forest.
Leg 2 - A trip for two to Isle Delfino, staying five nights at Hotel Delfino.
Leg 3 - A trip for two to Los Venturas for five nights, and a new car each.
Leg 4 - Ten thousand coins each.
Leg 5 - A trip for two to Vivec City, staying for three nights in the Black Shalk Cornerclub, with 5000 coins spending money.
Leg 6 - A new car and boat each.
Leg 7 - A ten night trip for two to Cape Claw
Leg 8 - Two custom build Ghost Vehicles.
Leg 9 - A seven day cruise for two around the Destiny Islands with all meals provided.
Leg 10 - One Million Coins.
Leg 1 (City 17 → Black Mesa East)Edit
- City Seventeen Citadel (Starting Line)
- City Seventeen Train Station Yield (Not Used) Fast Forward (Teleport to Dr. Kleiner's Lab) Detour (Wet or Dry?)
- Black Mesa East (Dog’s House) Pit Stop
The first Detour was Wet or Dry. In Wet, teams had to drive a boat along a river directly to Black Mesa East. In Dry, teams had to drive a car overland to Black Mesa East. To claim this legs Fast Forward, teams had to find Dr. Kleiner’s lab, then take a teleport to Black Mesa East, the location of the Pit Stop.
Leg 2 (Black Mesa East → Pinna Park)Edit
- Delfino Airstrip
- Delfino Plaza Roadblock (Who feels like going under?) Fast Forward (Find 8 Red Coins)
- Delfino Plaza, Shine Gate Template:TAR clue
- Delfino Plaza Template:TAR clue
- Pinna Park Template:TAR clue
The Roadblock was to navigate the sewers of Isle Delfino and reach the Shine Gate, while their teammate had to make their way there above ground. The Detour was a choice between Clean and Dirty. In Clean, teams had to make their way to Hotel Delfino and clean a room that had been covered in paint. In Dirty, teams had to climb up the inside of Mount Corona. To claim the Fast Forward, teams had to collect 8 red coins hidden around Pianta Village
- At the Delfino Airstrip, teams had to sign up for a boat to Delfino Plaza, leaving in the morning.
Leg 3 (Pinna Park → Grove Street)Edit
- Los Venturas, Four Dragons Casino Flight:Template:TAR clue Template:TAR clue
- Los Venturas, Inside Track Betting Shop Template:TAR clue
- San Fierro, CJ’s Garage Template:TAR clue
- San Andreas, Train Station
- San Andreas, Grove Street Template:TAR clue
The Roadblock for this leg was to play blackjack one on one with a professional dealer. Once the participant had won 21 times, they would receive their next clue. The Detour was a choice between Road and Rail. In Road, teams had to drive themselves to the San Andreas Train Station, then search inside for their next clue. In Rail, teams had to take a train to the San Andreas Station, then search inside for their clue. The Fast Forward in this leg was to break up a simulated robbery in the Inside Track Betting Shop.
Leg 4 (Grove Street → Clock Town)Edit
- South Clock TownFlight:
- Romani Ranch Template:TAR clue
- Great Bay Template:TAR clue
- Clock Town, Observatory Template:TAR clue
- Zora’s Domain Template:TAR clue
- Clock Town, Laundry Pool Template:TAR clue
In the Roadblock, the participant had to swim through Great Bay to Zora’s Domain, once they had reached the domain, they would be able to take their next clue and ride a sea turtle back to the Bay.
- In Clock Town, teams had to climb to the top of the clock tower to receive their next clue.
Leg 5 (Clock Town → Balmora)Edit
- Morrowind, Vivec (Foreign Quarter) Flight:Template:TAR clue
- Morrowind, Vivec (Puzzle Canal) Template:TAR clue
- Morrowind, Vivec (Silt Strider Port) Template:TAR clue
- Morrowind, Seyda Neen Template:TAR clue
- Morrowind, Balmora (South Wall Cornerclub) Template:TAR clue
In the Detour, teams had to choose High Rise or Down Low. In High Rise, teams had to make their way to The Arena in Vivec, the highest building in the city. Once there, they had to find one of 7 spectators who had their next clue. In Down Low, teams had to find ‘the woman with the dagger’, who was somewhere in the sewers of Vivec. In the unused Fast Forward, teams had to make their way to the shrine in the puzzle canal of Vivec. Once there, they had to ‘breathe the waters of His glory’ to claim the Fast Forward. In the Roadblock, one team member had to find ‘fargoth’s hiding place’, which had their next clueinside.
Leg 6 (Balmora → Johto National Park)Edit
- Morrowind, Tel Vos Flight:Template:TAR clue
- Johto, Goldenrod City Flight:(Professor Elm’s Laboratory) Template:TAR clue Template:TAR clue
- Johto, Ruins of Alph Template:TAR clue
- Johto, Goldenrod City (Radio Tower) Template:TAR clue
- Johto, Johto National Park Template:TAR clue
In the Roadblock, the chosen team member had to solve a sliding stone puzzle, which was a picture of a Pokemon found in the ruins of Alph. In this Leg's Detour, teams had to choose between Sea and Lake. In Sea, teams had to make their way to Olivine City and climb to the top of the Olivine Lighthouse. Once they had done that, they had to take an order for a miracle potion, then get the potion from a nearby shop and deliver it back to the top of the lighthouse. In Lake, teams had to make their way to the Lake of Rage, once there, they had to surf on a pokemon to an island in the middle. In the legs Fast Forward, teams had to climb to the top of Burnt Tower, collect a Rainbow Feather, and take it back down to Gary, who was waiting at the bottom.
Leg 7 (Johto National Park → Cape Claw)Edit
- Lylat System, Venom Flight:(In transit)
- Dinosaur Planet, Lightfoot Village Flight:Template:TAR clue Template:TAR clue
- Dinosaur Planet, Lightfoot Village (Airfield) Template:TAR clue
- Dinosaur Planet, Krazoa Palace Template:TAR clue
- Dinosaur Planet, Cape Claw Template:TAR clue
This leg’s Detour was a choice between Strength and Speed. In Strength, teams had to beat MuscleFoot, the stongest Lightfoot in the village, in a test of strength. In Speed, teams had to prove their pace to the locals and activate four totem poles around the village in under two minutes and thirty seconds. In the Fast Forward, teams had to find and deliver 6 white GrubTub’s to the Queen Earthwalker in Thorntail Hollow. In the Roadblock, the chosen team member had to use a Starfox blaster to shoot down ten targets.
Leg 8 (Cape Claw → Arcadia)Edit
- HarvestFlight: Template:TAR clue
- Onyx, Twin Forks RiverFlight: Template:TAR clue Template:TAR clue Template:TAR clue
- Onyx, Camp Currahee Template:TAR clue
- Onyx, Arcadia Template:TAR clue
In the Speed Bump, Nana and Popo had to collect five pounds of crop on Harvest for shipment to Earth The Roadblock on this leg of the race had the chosen team member recreating the actions of Kurt-051 and diving to a rock shelf three meters underwater to retrieve their next clue. In the Fast Forward, teams had to find The Tree House, somewhere in the forests of Onyx, using a very basic map. The Detour was a choice between Carry and Collect. In Carry, teams had to make their way to a simulated battlefield and carry five wounded soldiers to a medical tent to receive their next clue. In Collect, teams had to collect a medallion from all the key areas of Camp Currahee, the dormitories, mess halls, offices, parade grounds, firing ranges and exercise yards.
Leg 9 (Arcadia → The Castle That Never Was)Edit
- The Dark City Flight:Template:TAR clue
- The Dark City, Fragment Crossing
- Betwixt and Beyond
- Memories Skyscraper Template:TAR clue
- The Castle That Never Was Template:TAR clue
The Detour on this leg of the race was Portal or Pandemonium. In Portal, teams had to find the Portal to Betwixt and Beyond, which was somewhere in The Dark City. In Pandemonium, teams had to make their way to Fragment Crossing and search for the location of their next clue in the thousands of neon signs in the Crossing. In the Roadblock, the chosen team member had to search through thousands of memories in the skyscraper for the one with their next clue in it.
Leg 10 (The World That Never Was → Rainbow Road)Edit
- Mushroom City, Mushroom Bridge Flight:Template:TAR clue
- Rainbow Road, Starting Line Template:TAR clue
- Rainbow Road, Starting Grid
- Rainbow Road, Racetrack (Finish Line)
This leg's Detour required teams to pick between two tasks in the city. In High, teams had to retrieve their next clue from the highest point on Mushroom Bridge. In Low, teams had to completely clean a wiggler car. In the Roadblock, teams had to organise a token from each leg, and the team eliminated in each leg in the correct order on a pedestal to receive their next clue.
- On Rainbow Road, teams had to drive a traditional tandem kart along the racetrack until they found their next clue.